"Spells" (魔法 Mahō, lit. "Magic") are a card type used in Future Card Buddyfight. Spells offer a wide variety of effects, such as destroying monsters, supporting your own monsters, nullifying attacks, etc. All this to benefit the player and help it win the game.
- The spell's name
- In card text, the card name appears within "".
- The World which the spell belongs to.
- In card text, the world appears within <>.
- An additional category to classify spells, some abilities affect spells from specific attributes.
- In card text, the attribute appears within 《》.
Ability / Card text
- What the spell use to affect the game.
- If a spell has a "[Cast Cost]", means that you must pay all costs written in order to cast it.
- There's no limit to how many spells you may cast per turn, however, there are some spells that are limited to cast only one copy of it per turn, which it is marked by the text "You may only cast "card name" once per turn".
- If a spell says "you may only cast this card...", means that you must fulfill all conditions written in order to call it.
- Text between ()s is not part of the effect itself, but a reminder text, often used to explain a keyword.
- Some commentaries about the spell.
- Some cards do not have flavor text.
- Some flavor texts have "Advice" texts to help players better understand how and when to use a card.
- Cards placed under the spell on the field.
- The soul is commonly used to pay costs for abilities.